Translate

Friday, July 18, 2014

What Cost Compromise?

Christians Need to Take a Long Look Inside 
To See What The Cost of Compromise Really Is

Should We Keep Quiet?

As the world begins to crumble around us there will always be a tremendous temptation to compromise. We think such things as: "Keep your mouth shut. Don't create waves. Don't fight back against tyranny. Be very careful now knowing that they are reading your emails. They are listening to your phone conversations. They're tracking your Internet stops. Be careful! Be wary! Be scared!"

"Keep silent about your Christianity. No one wants to hear about Christ anymore. Just keep it to yourself and stay out of trouble." When I know when you see an injustice, you think, "what can you really do anyway? What difference does it make if I verbalize my frustration or disapproval or even my anger?"

All of this may seem like good self preservation inside of your mind, inside of your own head. After all, who wants trouble? Who wants to make life more difficult for themselves by voicing their discontent? And nobody probably even wants to hear what you've got to say anyway. You'll probably only make matters worse for yourself.

I'm here right now to tell you what God told me. "Do you love me? Are you proud of me and what I've done in your heart? Why are you willing to remain silent when the world tramples on me? Just because you're afraid that you are imperfect doesn't give you the right to sit back and watch what's going on in the world with a closed mouth."

The Apostle Paul said, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile." (Romans 1:16 NIV).

Are you ashamed? If you are afraid of persecution for the Lord, it just may be that you are really ashamed of him. If you are unwilling to stand up for the Lord, he says you are unworthy of him. "Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it." (Matthew 10:38-39 NIV).

Believe me, like so many people in the world, it is easy to cower because of all the threats being made by unjust rulers or the aggressive tyranny of despotic people who want to silence any opposition in any way they can. God made it very plain to me in my prayer time: If you compromise now, when will you ever let me shore up your backbone and stand with me?

There is always some good reason why you cannot be honest and tell the truth. But good things are often the enemy of the truth. Truth dies when good men cringe in the shadows.

I have spent way too much of my life cursing against the darkness and not nearly enough of it trying to light a fire inside of my own head, because it must first start with me. I strongly encourage you to take a long moral look into your own heart. Where are you really at? How willing are you to take the fight into Satan's camp and let it burn there?

If you enjoy watching movies where the little guy, the underdog, or the unlikely hero rises to the occasion because no one else will do it, you should picture yourself becoming that person. Let God use you in his own spiritual real life drama, because he wants to empower you to fight evil.

Just imagine what would happen if . . .

READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE

Take a look at more of the articles from Fresh Light Source. In particular, take a look at the articles in the Believer's Guide to the End Times

No comments:

Post a Comment