Translate

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The God Shaped Vacuum

How Can You Find The God-Shaped 
Piece That is Missing In Your Life?

Is something missing in your life? Are you searching, but you don't know what it is that you're searching for? Something is probably missing and you probably don't even know what it is. 

I believe that there is a missing part in our hearts, a God shaped vacuum if you will, that can only be filled by God. You can try and fill that void with other things (money, love, sex, education, a career), but if that empty spot in your heart was created by the Lord, nothing you do in an attempt to fill it will end up being successful. That is unless you let God fill the void that he alone created in you.

1. I believe that the knowledge of this vacuum is inherited in every man. Even at a young age, I knew that something was just not right in my life. I remember as a young child of about five years old fearing what the future held. I had a feeling that I was just unprepared for whatever was coming in my life and I remember my mother trying to encouraging me out of my funk by saying that I had a lot of time to figure out what life was all about. The family I was born into was not religious, so they did and said nothing that would make me feel that I had a missing spiritual relationship in my life. I just felt it instinctively.

There are many things about God which we don't know or understand because he is so unique and different from our way of thinking and feeling. He even tells us that. God's way of thinking is different from human reasoning. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9).

If you have ever put together a puzzle for the first time without looking at the picture on the box cover, about half way through the process you can usually still tell what the basic picture is supposed to be. By looking at the bigger image and imagining what's missing, the shape of the unseen pieces in the middle become more clear. When you reach the point where just one piece is missing, you can tell by looking at the entire puzzle to "figure out" what the missing piece looks like. 

2. God gives us clues about his nature through creation.


Take a look at the entire Fresh Light Source website where you'll find articles on what's happening in the world along with articles for seekers and Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment